Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh Really?

So in the creepy old man news of the day (cuz I seem to attract them like magnets) I got a quick story for you all. I live about 2 steps from the pazar and I usually only buy cheese, potatoes and eggs from there cuz the big supermarket is pretty close to me. So there is this guy who I see often. I went to buy eggs one day and he asked what my name was and where I was from, and mentioned how beautiful I was. I'm young, and new to the neighborhood, so I didnt mind it all that much.

Fast forward to yesterday. So I'm walkin home and I see this guy. He asked when I was gonna come into his shop to buy something, and I said well I was planin on comin right now to get some cheese. So I go in the store (and there is always a female attendant there) and get my cheese. So of course he decides this is the appropriate time to ask if I want coffee. I'm thinkin fuck no, cuz 1. I don't drink coffee, and 2. you gon use that as a prerequisite to dinner or something else. But to be nice, I obliged.

MISTAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

He came back with coffee for me and juice for him and the girl. So here come the questions: Where are you from again? How long will you be here? and MOST importantly, Do you have a boyfriend? So I answer very quickly, yes I have a man, and altho he is in NY we love each other dearly and he might visit sometime in the near future. Here I am thinkin I'm shuttin him down, ending the convo, but he didnt give 2 shits. THEY NEVER DO!

So at this point I must report that this dude is AGAIN, like my grandpops. I mean white hair, wrinkled skin, everything. So he tells me that he likes me. And I say (becuz I've spoken to him all of one time, for about 3 minutes) what do you like about me? and his slick ass says everything! Then he says he wants me to come see him again tomorrow, and how we should go to his VILLAGE for dinner, and how interesting I am, and how his Mercedes is right outside.

Now come on homey, that bullshit might work for these young bulgarian chicks who want a sugar GRANDDADDY and dont care about their education, love, ATTRACTION or even looks. We'll call them the TEENY BOPPERS. You can run that "my mercedes is right outside" shit on them, but me, NAH BUDDY. Not gonna happen. Cuz even in a million years, if I had no man, no prospects of gettin a man, no self respect, I wouldn't even look your way. Aside from the fact that you are old, creepy, decrepit and nasty, but for the simple fact that you could do NOTHIN for me. Not only do you not speak english, you live in a damn VILLAGE and work in a store while also selling Christmas trees and homemade liquor on the street to passerbys. I aint tryna knock the hustle, but I'm just not into that!

And so I know that for the female readers of my blog, you may have been approached by someone tryna play house. I just wanted to run this experience by you all in particular. The culture here seems to be really older dudes (and I mean upwards of 35) gettin girls as young as high schoolers (no exaggeration). And again, maybe thats what they do here, but i'm not wit it. I just couldn't help but laugh at old dude, cuz he must have thought he was spittin some serious game in my ear.

So, what have we learned today kids? Men are all the same no matter where in the world you are. And it sucks especially for me, cuz not only am I a globetrotter, but I'm sexy as hell. Tis is the curse of lookin as good as I do......oh, and I for damn sure have to find yet ANOTHER place to buy cheese and eggs.....

No comments: