Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Test Today

Well I gave my students a test today. And honestly, I had the biggest smile on my face! Why you ask? Well simply put, it was one of those moments of sheer SATISFACTION that I felt being a teacher in Bulgaria.

Why you ask again? Well day in and day out I try my hardest to make my lessons fun and interesteing so that the students pay more attention. And before just a short while ago, I really felt some sort of way cuz the students weren't interested. EVEN IF we played games. They were into them for a while, but the same old behavior came shining through: heads rested on hands, heads on desks, sucking of teeth, talking, laughing extremely loud and nothing really THAT funny etc. Oh and my favorite, WRITING on the board very clearly only to turn around and see the student slookin at you like you have shit on your shirt. Oh wait I have another favorite, writing something on the board (for example the definition of candid) and when you do REVIEW the next day the students AGAIN are lookin at you liek you have shit on your shirt (ME: for REVIEW use candid in a sentence, STUDNTS: what's candid?)


So needless to say althought I did my very best to give my students the heads up about the test and what to study for it, many of them STILL sat there stuck on stupid. And as HORRIBLE as it sounds, I just wanted to LAUGH (like this guy but with more teeth)!


you know what they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!


**Just a side note: who the hell is "they" (as in you know what they say.....)?

No comments: