Friday, January 23, 2009

they kinda have a point tho....



Now from what I have heard, this Bill O'Reilly guy is indeed a racist/says racist comments pretty often. But I am not familiar with any of his rants or raves, and frankly dont watch this show at all (seeing as I am overseas). But thanks to the good people over at mediatakeout.com (sometimes they post straight BS, but its funny), I came across this video clip.

Now how this is news I do not know. But I suppose if people can say racist rants and comments against Barack Obama and the news reports that, than rants against Bush are fair game. For the record, I am agreeing partly with what they both said about the concert and the comments made by Jay-Z. I am totally against rappers and the like using the N word like its ok. That causes confusion for the people of Bulgaria (for example) who see poor volunteers like myself and think its cool to call me that. Frankly we need to banish this word from our vocabulary cuz its not cute to use, or to hear. And for someone like Jay-Z, altho the comments he made about Bush are his opinion and right to say, the N part is just ridiculous. But I suppose those Black folks who are from the hood and have been using the word practically all their lives, have no need or will to change how they use it (or educate themselves with better words). People actually listen to Jay-Z and yound Jeezy and try to be like them, so using this language is not a good look. Especially since they supported Obama up and down this election, and this really is not the message he would like to promote for our youth anywhere. And frankly there is a way to disagree with someone without being disrespectful (thanking the guy who threw shoes at Bush!) Come on Black folk, lets get it together!

Now, what I DISAGREE with, is the condescending tone in which Mr. O'Reilly uses to say these peoples names. His tone is one of outright disrespect for Jeezy and Jay-Z (whom he claims he met and thinks is a decent guy). But who the hell is Mr. O'Reilly to say Jay-Z should know better! And that what they said was "low class" when I believe he made a racist comment about Michelle Obama which could be also considered LOW CLASS. But of course he brushed that off his shoulders with some bullshit apology and explanation that his words were taken out of context!

And Dennis Miller, I was with you on the "hoes" bit! That was on point and the truth....im just sayin.....

No comments: