So today I had to scream on this one kid. Let me back track and say that as far as discipline, I thought I had that in the bag. I came with my list of rules on the first day and really have not had any real problems from my students. The rules for my class are:
1. Eating or drinking of any kind is not permitted in class including but not limited to gum, candy, food, water (after each class the entire school gets a 10 min break they can do all that during that time)
2. Remain in your seat unless given permission to get up
3. Silence cell phones in class. Do not send texts, make or receive calls. If your phone rings it WILL be confiscated and returned at the end of the day
4. Use polite speech and body language in class
5. DO NOT CHEAT! (I obviously had to provide the definition cuz these bulgarians consider cheating simply "helping")
With that being said, some kid in my class decides to hide in the corner like I cant see him, and eat. I asked him are you eating, and he says no. So I finish taking the attendance and tell homeboy to step outside. Then I proceeded to rip him another fuckin asshole. And thank goodness he was one of the students who could actually understand ENG cuz if not it would have all been for naught. So after screamin on him for like 5 min, we went back inside and he decides he dont want to do the work. So Im goin bout my business with the class, and he finally starts to do his work.
Then some other kids' phone rang in my class and I took it. They know that rules. But of course he had the nerve to cop a damn attitude cuz his phone rang and fucked up my train of thought. Excuse me. So he asked when the bell rang could he get his phone, and I said no, you know the rules. You have to wait til the end of the day (which was after 1 more period cuz I was done with all my classes then). You wanna knwo what this fucker says to me? "Well I'm leaving after the next period and I dont have time to be looking all over the school for you..." And of course what I was thinkin was you rude bastard if you were my son I would fuck you up talkin to a teacher like that or if no one would find out, I would surely beat the shit out of you right now cuz you deserve it. But I kept my compsure and simple reiterated that after the next period I would be in the teachers room, and would return his phone at that time. It was all I could do not to say what I was thinking, cuz yall know "Shaun lov the kids....."
I know this is not the biggest discipline problem ever. There are volunteers in other places who have worse problem: students coming extremely late or not at all, students who dont work at all, cant understand ENG at all, who talk back, or worse. But it really bothers me that 1. you broke the rules, and 2. you lied when I asked you what you were doing. Slowly but surely the kids are startin to test me. And please believe, Im up for the challenge cuz above all else, I WILL NOT be disrepected!
Again, the lack of ways to discipline these kids is the problem. Teachers ask me all the time how kids are dealt with in the states cuz there really is nothing they can do when students act up. And I wasnt the best student ever, but I listened. I had manners, I was courteous, and damn sure didnt want teachers callin my home cuz my mom would have kicked my ass. These students act so barbaric, have no manners or humility. Above all the things they need is a good ass whoopin or my foot in they ass! Im just sayin.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh alex. you know i love him... but he's young and ignorant. cells in class are rude! the students don't understand b/c they aren't at the front of the class trying to do something while people are ignoring, you acting like you don't matter or you're beneath them. when the fact of the matter is we conquered high school (and i seriously conquered) long ago.
and another thing. alex is a big old cheater and i keep telling him it's gonna suck when he goes to school in Wales and they kick his ass out for cheat sheets, plagiarism and the like! and even if you weren't worried about consequences, don't these kids want the pride of accomplishing something??! no motivation i tell you.
but i think you hit the nail on the head at the end of your blog when you said you're mom would kick your ass for acting up in school. these parents either don't care of don't have the balls to just tell their kids what's up. i mean... i know me and my friends were more afraid of a call home than any detention or suspension! alas, these are just the many problems of bulgaria.
alex really? phones in class and textin is disrepectful in my opinion not to mention disruptive. I dont work my ass off with lesson plans for you to ignore me in class or text. stop makin excuses alex, cheating is cheating!
Jojo, you obviously feel me cuz ur a teacher too, but more importantly cuz ur older and more sensible! lol
Post a Comment