Thursday, May 28, 2009

Greece=the beach

A good friend and colleague of mine invited me on a trip to Greece with her and her students. She teaches the 8g and wanted take them on a school trip when the weather was nice. I decided it might be fun, esp since we are going June 1-3 which are school days. And just in case you are extra slow, that means I get to miss 3 whole days of work.....let the excitement begin!!!!

The trip is relatively cheap. We are going by bus to a place called Olympic Beach, not to far from Thessaloniki. What I wasnt paying attention to tho, is the fact that its not only called Olympic Beach (as in the name of the town/city we will be) it actually is a damn beach. Which again if you are as slow as I am, means that people will be swimming.......with bathing suits on......

Why is this cause for alarm you ask? Well I was so damn excited cuz I lost 14 pounds, I stopped paying attention to what I was eating. Which in the past few weeks has been damn near everything in sight. I KNOW Ive gained weight and I am certain I will look absolutely disgusting in a bathing suit. And unlike those people who are comfortable showing their jelly rolls, fat stomachs and thunder thighs, clearly wearing bikinis when they should be wearing XXXL tees and shorts, I WILL NOT embarrass myself.
Now truth be told, I havent had a beach body in years. And I mean in years. The last time I even owned a bathing suit was in high school. I went to Virginia Beach with my fam. We took pics and when I saw how big my stomach looked, I almost threw up in my mouth. I was more alarmed at the fact that no one bothered to let me know how horrible I looked (image means a lot to me if you havent noticed).
I bought a bathing suit when I first got to site cuz I thought I might go to the beach. It didnt turn out that way and the bathing suit still has the damn tags on them. I dont know if I should bring it or not to Greece, but just know if I do, Im for damn sure covering up with a tee shirt of some sort to hide my huge stomach!!

No comments: