Just when I thought all hope was lost for some glint of happiness or even satisfaction doing my job, my last class proved to be well, ill just say a surprise. My day was pretty turbulent (ill blog about it in a sec) and this was the last class of the day, so I was just expecting to get through it alive.
I walk in. the lights are off. Folks are playing cards and listening to music. Some girl who I marked absent from the class just before walks out of the room. I sit down at the desk. Take attendance. Slowly announce to the class that we are having a free period.
But as im doing so, I notice the strangest thing. 2 girls sitting in the front of the room actually looked kinda sad/disappointed. Amongst the yelps of yes, ur the best teacher, and yay, I managed to ask what the problem was. I said if you dont want free time, we can have class. The girls immediately shook their heads yes and I was for a moment UTTERLY confused.
I said I was under the impression the class LOVED when we didnt do work in class. You all act so bored and depressed during class that I thought this would be something you wanted. If you want to have class, we can have class. Who wants to have class today. And wouldnt you know that darndest thing happened: among the FEW students who were listening to me, 3 people raised their hands and said they wanted to have class. The 2 girls looked like bobble heads they were so excited and both said simultaneously, we want to learn.
This honestly made my day. I almost felt bad cuz I DIDNT have anything planned to do with them. I assured the class (well maybe just those 3) that until the end of school, I will come prepared with a lesson every time we have class. Im extra extra excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment