Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Beauty Shop

Well isnt this cute. I feel like Im bout to star in my own version of the Beauty Shop.......

There is a lady in town who I go to for my hair cuts. She is pretty decent, but I only go for cuts. They dont have those sit under dryers here, so my hair came out lookn so poofy and thick after she hand blow dried it one time. I told her I could braid hair and she instantly became obsessed. She kept askin me questions bout how I learned, how long Ive been braiding, and what styles I can do. She even asked if I could teach her to braid. I was kinda skeptical cuz its difficult to explain something to someone when you dont know the words to do so. I gave her my number anyway.....

She never called.....

I had a lot of split ends, so I had to holla at homegirl so she could trim my hair. I mentioned the braiding thing and she said she still wanted to learn. So we set up a date and Ive since begun teaching her how to braid hair. Its easier than I thought cuz I can just show her how to do it, but its not THAT easy cuz there is still words involved. Today we met and she had one of those manequin head things. It was super ugly....hahahaha

I stayed there about 2 hours. After we practiced together, she bought me ice cream and she, her sister, the nail lady and myself all began to talk. We talked about men, me in BG, my work, school, a whole bunch of stuff. Stuff ladies talk about when they are in a salon, minus being able to understand everything, and being able to actually speak cuz Im too busy figuring out what they hell is being said.

So then we started talkin bout ways they do hair in BG, and how they color hair (is she says I should die my hair blonde one more time im smackin her) and how they apply extentions (fake hair). Now I dont know if any of my non black readers are hip to the hair game (weaving hair, braiding hair, puttin in extentions, ways to make your hair look longer) but I sure am. She told me that they sow a clip onto a track of human hair and clip it onto the real hair. But a clip only lasts but so long, and the clips themselves are expensive, on top of the hair that costs about 250 leva. I told her that in the states we weave hair, which consists of braiding the hair neatly and tightly, then sowing on tracks of human hair to the braids. This lasts for about 3 months or so, and you can wash/style the hair anyway you like cuz its human hair. She found this all to be so fascinating.

I think it is too. She wants to learn how to do different things to the hair so that she can get more clientale and learn something new. I cant knock her for that, cuz folks gotta eat these days. Im actually really excited about teaching her all this stuff.....

One lil girl in the shop gettin her hair done, who was extra nosey and all up in our conversation askedif I was a hair dresser. I was like no boo. Get ya mind right. Then my students sister was there and we were talkin bout school. So the lil girl gon ask me what class am I in. If I wasnt flattered cuz she was implying that I looked young, I mighta smack her too for being so nosey. Thats why kids are a no-no........

No comments: