A special Happy Father's Day to all those folks out there who take care of their kids and do what they are supposed to as fathers. A lot of time we often hear about the deadbeats and those men who dont do right by their children and family. Men who are actually doing what they are supposed to get overlooked strictly because they are doing the right thing. We often times like to point out what people are doing wrong. But fathers day is a nice way to celebrate the good deeds and efforts of fathers everywhere.
This is something new for me cuz my dad was never really around for me. My birthday falls on fathers day every 4-5 years and I remember wishing I had a dad to celebrate. But he was never around. He recently tried to get back in contact with me, and Im happy about that, but also wary.
In any event, I know a great dad personally, and I know he will be reading this blog, so Id like to shout out Poppa cuz he definately is the epitome of a good dad. Its not about money, its not about anything material when it comes to kids. As long as you are an example for them, and show them unconditional love, thats all they need. The rest will fall into place. And Poppa definately does this job to a T, effortlessly.
Happy Fathers Day to Poppa, and just in case you have forgotten it was today or you are Bulgarian and dont really celebrate it, it might just be nice to say thank you to your dad, or your mom for that matter. I cant remember the last time I said thank you to my mom for all the shit she has to put up with from me, but also all the times she has just been there for me to advise me and share a laugh or just be my mom. They really appreciate that kinda stuff, and so should you.
Ok, im off my soap box.....
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment