So after this project planning seminar, Im fresh with ideas and energized to get something off the ground. Since Jojo left and gave me so much school material I decided to do a resource fair for the English teachers at my school. I discussed this with one of them (who I am really cool) and she says to me, "oh that is great I really could use this. The other volunteer before you gave me these things and I ran out of them" And you know immediately waht I thought right???? Go out and buy them damnit!
So anyway I had to meet with the same lady to talk about our project idea, obtaining laptops for the school. She wants to get like 20, and I think thats a bit much. Seeing as how we already have a computer lab AND 2 laptops AND 2 multi-media systems. But anyway, we decided to meet at 11:50. And do you know what homegirl was doing at that time? EATING! I had to wait a half hour for her to finish eating and run an errand before we could meet and talk about the project.
So we meet and I told her that i dont know where we can get the funding for these laptops from, but we can search online, plan events to raise money and so on. Now she agreed that "everything we need is online we just need to look" But then in the sam breath said she didnt know how to do that. I mentioned that all you have to do is do a Google search for "free laptops, project funding, EU funding" and so on until you find something. But of course she pretended she couldnt even do that. Then when I talked about the events to raise money, she again pretended she didnt know what I meant. I said we could put on shows, have the students produce art works and sell them, have a bake sale, and so on. I felt like I was talkin to a BRICK WALL! Again, just totally clueless. And before you even fix your mouth to say maybe the teachers are inexperienced in this sort of thing, IM NOT BUYING IT. For an international festival we have in our town, some teachers just organized a group of Italians students to come visit our school and the festival. They are also coordinating a trip for our students to go visit the Italians. Another teacher just had the bright idea to contact a local TV so our students could be guest on the show.
Anyway, I see already that if I dont delegate any responsibility, things either wont get done, or ill have to do them myself. Sucks a whole bunch.....
Oh and my favorite of all....I said maybe we could just raise money and buy several laptops. She says No, we need at least 14 so the students can use them in pairs. So I said that is gonna be expensive and if we cant find funding, maybe a lower amount would be more feasible. She says at 500 bucks/laptop, 15 would only 7500, which she doesnt think is a lot of money. FUNNY SINCE YOU DONT EVEN HAVE HALF THAT, NOT IS IT YOUR MONEY BEING SPENT!
the foolishness never ceases to amaze me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG she said that 7500 are not much for her when she cant byu stuff for school?! lolz and thats dumn u know when u have a pc room already they can split the class to 2 groups and each group will go to dif. room so that everybody can work...in my school teachers do that...but its dif. we have 7 roomz with pcs and every teacher has a laptop :D and some of them r so fuckin stupid they really cant go and check their email without help so...
this same teacher said she doesnt know how nancy did a program cuz kyustendil dont have no money! hahahaha I was dying....
Post a Comment