The second half of the the 10g class seemed to like it somewhat. I played the Dominoes game cuz it was the hardest. You really had to study to play the game. But the first half of the class just got on my nerves. They were totally unappreciative of the games, and seemed bored to death. Now granted, these were learning games, probably less fun than playing one of their many wack ass card games, BUT this is still school. And the point was to help them learn the new vocab. The first half of the 10g class is so much worse than the second half. They get on my nerves for real, but not more than the entire 9g class, they really make me sick!
Friday, February 27, 2009
How CREATIVE am I?!?!
Well what do we have here?!? I always think its good if students can have fun when they are learning. It helps them to feel more relaxed and encourages them to want to learn. So I decided since the students were havin a hard time with some of the new vocab words we were learning, that I would make some games to help them. I slaved until 2AM makin these damn games. I did a "Chutes and ladders" game (pictured below). I even got all creative and made the pieces from Bulgarian change. Then I created a "Vocab Dominoes" game. Like dominoes but instead og matching the same number, you had to match the word by its Definition, Antonym, or the part of speech that it was (verb, adjective, etc).

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment