Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Kudos

And just when it seems someone takes one step backwards, someone has the courage to take a BIG step forward. Shout outs to Norah al-Faiz (like I know her personally...) for being appointed by the king as the new deputy minister for womens education. This is a huge step for the people (esp the women) of saudi arabia.

Women there have any rights at all. On CNN they were sayin that in Saudi Arabia women need permission from their husband or a male relative to leave they house, they cant walk outside often without a male with them, they are not allowed to drive and we all know how they must be covered from head to toe. But the younger population that has access to internet and know about other cultures want a change. And rightfully so!

Im not gonna pretent to be a huge history buff cuz I dont follwo what goes on in the middle east at all. But I have heard of the way the women are treated there, so this def is a good look!

No comments: