The below pics are just a few from my turkish adventure. you can check the full album on facebook. But of course pics cant really capture what Turkey was all about. So if you ever wanted to visit Turkey or wondered what it was about this blog is for you....
Turkey was FAMAZING (fucking amazing)! The trip was very long but went by rather quickly. 8-9 hours by bus (better than to Athens). Jojo and I finally recooperated from the annoying Chlaga clips that were being BLASTED on the flip down screens on the bus. What people like about Chalga I have no idea, but hey whatevs.......So anyway we arrive at our hostel by the help of some nice gentleman on the street who spoke decent english. The Antique hostel was so cute and we were happy to be there.
Not before long Jordan and I went out to get a small bite to eat and stopped at this cute restaurant. The waiter apparently had a very unhealthy dose of love at first site cuz I couldnt eat a damn thing without feelin his eyes burnina whole thru my soul! lol He did give us some free apple tea (delicious) and gave me a scented rose he made from a napkin. Of course as we are leaving, he asks if we can hang out together that night. And like every other normal person, I LIED and said sure, we would come back. We met up with Amanda soon after.
While waiting for her at the hostel, we started talkin to 2 guys. One sexy Argentinian and a guy from Manchester. We kicked it for a while before deciding to head out to dinner and a bar. We went to this nice lil place for drink and I got a yummy salad, and drank wine. Next was the tattoo spot! The guy from Manchester was gettin a tat, and you know I was tryin be down and said I woud get one too along with Amanda. But when we got to the tattoo spot, it looked so random I quickly was against it. Amanda however got a sexy lil tat on her ribs, just under the breast and the guy got something on his wrist.
We found some random rock bar. Shots of Tequila, pics and booze! Next was some club that played hip-hop and rock music. We all got down on the floor and took more shots of tequila. Some lesbian chick was all on me and when I went to the bathroom she molested me altho I cant say I was totally against (hahahaha just jokin) (ok no I wasnt....) she wasnt very attractive! hahahaha we left there about 4-4:30 and dropped dead when we got back to the hostel......
On Friday we attempted to sightsee and go shopping. We hit up the Grand Bazaar which was just an open market for everything: clothes, scarfs, shoes, fake name-brand bags/shoes, small trinkets, hookahs, you name it. The bazaar was so big too it was ridiculous. Compared to the US dollar I was happy to be there (I took out 100 lira and that was only about 60 US dollars). There were so many things to buy but so little time. I did see some fake NIKE's that looked passable and considered getting them. I did buy some gloves and these really cute shoe boots.
What did get annoying however was how agressive the men on the street and people at the bazaar were. They try very hard to get your attention so they kept shouting things like Obama Obama, and asked if I was Beyonce, or Ms. Obama. When all three of us were together they shouting Spice Girls. It really got very annoying. Then one night when we went to dinner, some random guy on the street said "Excuse me can you help me. Im gay and I want to be normal again" That shit was not funny at all nor was it appropriate. I wanted to slap homeboy.....Then we were waiting to meet with Jojo's friend who plays basketball there and some guy tried to sell us doners. But we said we were waiting for someone else and he kept tryna talk to us. So he walks away and then comes back and says Im here, you were waiting for me right, lets go. So Im like no. Then he said again, come on lets go. So I said where are we supposed to be goin and this bastard says to go have sex. At that point I was so done. Aaron came quickly after and I was glad.....
Saturday was fun. We went on a bus tour to see the Dolmabache Palace and some other stuff. One of the most expensive hotels in the world are in Turkey. It costs upwards of like 10 thousand to stay for one night (breakfast included...hahaha) We also visited the Asian side for like a minute. Turkey literally sits between the Asian and European continents. There is a strait that goes through it and it is literally separated into the Asian side and the European side. Istanbul is on the European side but the Asian side houses about 60% of Turkeys population. It was very interesting to see the effects of Asia there. We met up the Jojo's friend again after dinner and headed to a bar then a hip-hop club. There were MAD black people there. Some basketball players and of course random African folks (cuz them MOFO's is everywhere). There were even several black females there (none cuter than me tho). I was so surprised. We partied for a while but the music was mediocre and it started to get very crowded. I was excited to meet a Kappa there. He had a frat sweater on and we started talkin immediately after I told him I was a Delta (oooo-oop) We got back late again after partyin and left early Sunday morning. I cant explain ever detail that happened on the trip, but trust and believe Istanbul was a great city and I enjoyed myself.
Oh and the apple tea there, its poppin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment