Monday, February 9, 2009

My Twin is GONE!


And I am sad to report to yall that my sister from another mister (her words not mine...hahahaha) is GONe. Yes, my Jojo is already back in the states as I sit here and write this blog! She did not have permission to go to Istanbul and PC somehow found out and sent her home. Its really fucked up that it had to end like this. But whats done is done and we cant reverse time. I was thinkin about how different my time would be in Bulgaria without my BF.

We really did become so cool. Jojo is down to earth, fashionable, smart, funny, such a sweet heart and most of all as big a bitch as I am. We would just have fun laughin at so many different things and different people. If I had a problem she was always there to listen, and vice versa and we talked very often about numerous things. And what sucks the most is that I generally feel so lonely without her. I recently went to a seminar to learn how to do a program at my site and i'll be damned if I didnt feel like the TOKEN BLACK GIRL all the time. While everyone was chattin and cathcing up with friends and going to the pool, and laughing and drinkin together I was in my room or on the laptop or with my Bulgarian counterpart. And its not that no one likes me, its that I dont really like the others. And dont get me wrong, they are all nice people, and I talk with some of them. But there really isnt anyone else who I feel is compatible with my personality. No one likes to go to hip-hop clubs, everyone else like to smoke cigarettes and drink beer, they understand the slang I use, and I just dont click with anyone else the way I did with Jordan (hey Amanda!). We even like to drink green apple vodka ad cherry juice when we went out!

So for the seminar I felt like I was walkin around with Space Cadet Syndrome. I was so out of it all the time. I kept the convo with other volunteers very short if I spoke to anyone at all. I didnt hang out with anyone after the sessions and when it came time to eat dinner outside of the hotel, my counterpart went to meet up with other Bulgarians and I was the only American at the table. It was very frustrating becuase I felt so alone. But hey, thats how it is.

It will definately be rough without my right hand man so to speak, but I know she is in a better place and that makes me happy. She can now send me packages full of wonderful things that I cant buy in Bulgaria!

3 comments:

Aleks S said...

;( fucked up situation...jojo feel bad once again...

Jordan said...

HAHAHAHAHA. no you didn't!!!! i'm surprised that picture is not up on peace corps' walls... the "most wanted" list.

Shaun said...

hahahahaha @ jojo's comment! ill send that pic to them...