Ok, now its back to the juicy, funny stuff......SOOOOOOO one of my students invited me to a basketball game sunday at 9AM. And yes, that is against everything I stand for, to wake up THAT early on a weekend, but I was actually kinda honored he invited me, so I decided to go. Now, I was cranky as all hell, but thats neither here nor there......
So i really want yall to understand how BOOTLEG this game was. I mean the most bootlegest (if thats a word) game Ive ever seen in my life. I had to sit there and take notes on my phone JUST so I wouldnt forgot all the funny stuff that occurred during this "GAME."
so most of you who watch sports do it for the excitement of the game. In basketball you want to see the players working hard, setting plays, making baskets, and some type of element to keep you entertained for the most part. A real competition if you will.....Think thats what I saw on SUNDAY? Ding ding ding we have a winner....HELL NO thats not what happened.......
First of all lets talk about how the players looked? WAHT PLAYERS? these kids looked like they camein off the street 15 minutes before the game started. I mean some of them had different colored jerseys on (from the same team), some dude had on a pair of tight ass jeans, folks were wearing VANS (sneakers), low cut adidas, and what appeared to be dress shoes. I really kept praying someone fucked up their ankles......
DEFENSE/OFFENSE. Nonsense. There was none. they werent running any visible plays, there was no team work, no one yellin to anyone else, no communication what so ever. I mean the passes were horrible, mad turnovers, and the game went by so fast that no one had time to even set up a play.
For REAL? so now lets talk about the game and how OUT OF SHAPE these kids looked. I mean wheezing like they were gonna hack up a lung, not even jogging. They were walking from one end to the other. They looked so tired by the end of the first damn quarter. Folks kept making air balls (2 feet away from the basket) missing layp-ups, and lets not even talk about free throws.
And just to be fair, I did see ONE kids set a pick and attempt a pick and roll. I also saw a full court press (altho honestly I dont even think THEY knew they were doin that). Jeez, laughs up and down the damn court! I will also say that the best player on the team (for my school) was the 9th grader who invited me (on a team of mixed students from 9-12 grade). They just need to stick to soccer, oops my bad, FOOTBALL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
and u dunno what u r talkin bout if u thnik that they r playing football well....
Post a Comment