Monday, February 9, 2009

Other shit that urks me.....


For the record, this is OFFICIALLY what a dictionary looks like. There are even pocket-sized electronic versions for your convenience. I really do get tired of people asking me the definition, pronunciation, Latin origin, spelling, cross refernce with another language etc of a word. I DONT KNOW EVERYTHING. I am smart as hell dont get me wrong. But also dont get mad at me if you ask me something and I say I dont know it. Cuz unlike Bulgarians, who cant just say "I dont know" I would rather tell you that than WRONG INFORMATION. I am not a dictionary and its impossible for me to know every owrd ever made! Just wanna put that out there......
Also, this is just a general question: Can I ever say no once?!?! Just once would be nice. Let me practice with you guys.....
Blog Reader: Hey Shaun, you want an alcoholic beverage of some sort?
Shaun: No thanks
Blog Reader: Ok cool
OR
Blog Reader: Shaun they are serving ice cream for desert tonight, you wanna go get some?
Shaun: Nah im ok thanks tho.
Blog Reader: ok cool
See how that works? Clearly I need to write a damn MEMO for these bulgarians, cuz I swear they just try to pressure you into doing all types of shit. For instance, we were at the seminar at dinner and ate too much. So before the next session started, I wanted to check my email. I saw that ice cream was being served for desert, but I didnt want any so I left. My counterpart later on said there was ice cream for desert and when I said I knew that, she asked why I didnt eat any. I said I just didnt want to. So of course she says, well I know you like ice cream so I figured you would want some. And I really wanted to say damn bitch be easy. I dont have to eat ice cream all the time, but I settled for just saying that my stomach hurt and I didnt want to upset it further.
For dinner I went out with her again and we met up with some Bulgarians. Immediately they offered me some Rakia (which is really strong alcohol) I politely declined. Well the guy makes it his business to ask why dont I want any,, and proceeded to order me a glass to he could fill it with Rakia. I again politely declined and damn near had to put my hand over the glass for him to get the point that I didnt want any.
Ive said before that I love to Horo, which is a type of traditional line dancing that Bulgarians do here. I love it so much and I am really good at it. So at a dinner we had at the hotel, music was playing and people started to do the horo. And granted I was in a very shitty mood and really didnt want to be there. But they were also doing a very easy (the easiest one possible) horo and I just didnt want to do it. So my counterpart starts bragging to the table how good I am, and how famous I am in my town (shit im a foreigner of cousre everyone knows me). So she starts pushin me to do the horo. I said I didnt feel like it. So here go the ensuing questions: Why not? I thought you liked Horo? Why dont you want to do it? Are you tired? Are you sure you dont want to do it? I really would like to see you do it. Are you ok? OMFG can you stop? DAMN. For just once can I say NO or decline and that be the end of it. Do I really have to offer a book as a reason why I dont want to do something. Can I not just NOT WANT TO DO IT? Can I not just be tired? MUST I have a reason for eveything? Jeez..........Talk about peer pressure. If these people were doing drugs I would have been tried every drug under the sun, tried to quit, went to rehab, relapsed, then died of a drug overdose fucking with them....

2 comments:

Aleks S said...

haha well i think they r treating u as a baby....they think that u feel shy or smth but i dont think they r doing all that stuff so that u can feel bad maybe its the other way round they r just trying to make it more fun for you but this is where the stuff crashes ur "fun time" is not equal to their....

Shaun said...

very true! but the point is, they never respect the fact that my fun is different from theirs. They automatically assume that if im not drinkin anything im not having fun and thats not true! ur so smart alex!