Sunday, April 26, 2009

Come again, did you say 14?!?!

I had to get some medical stuff done on friday at the PC office. I got my female parts checked out and check-up done. While I was there, the doctor weighed me. And to my surprise and chagrin, I weighed in at 145. I thought that was a bit low, seeing as how I could sweat up and down that I was in the 150s area. I asked her if she knew how much I weighed when I first came to BG and she said she would check.
Uumm homegirl came back and told me that I weighed 159 (I wish I could caps that 159 for emphasis). So for all of the slow folks out there who cant keep up with simple math, 159-145 is 14 pounds. I dont feel any lighter, nor do I feel like I lost all that weight. But the proof is in the numbers, or the damn scale I should say!
Now Im sure some people think that I dont eat. But thats just not the truth. I EAT a lot. I have always labored under the motto, If you cook it, I will come! I never turn down a meal, and there are sometimes when I eat even if Im not hungry cuz I just cant resist the taste of certain things (esp. sweets). So I cant for the life of me imagine how I lost this much weight. But after I thought about it, Im pretty sure it has to do with 2 things: stress and not eating meat. (oh wait, when times of hard and Ive spent my money on clothes I tend to eat less cuz I have no food, but who cares about that.....)
Ive been really stressed lately about a number of things, and at one point I didnt eat much of anything at all. I was upset and sad and so that honestly did affect the way I was eating. But sometimes when I am upset I overeat also. Secondly, I dont really trust the meat here. I used to buy meat all the time, chicken, and pork chops. But they would spoil so quickly after I bought them that I would have to throw the meat away. And Ive been to the supermarket and the small corner store-ish places they have out here, and the meat kinda looks real suspect! So for these reasons I just stopeed buying meat altogether. When I visit people's houses (rarely) I eat meat, and if I go to a decent restaurant Ill get a meat dish. But for the most part, I make salads at home cuz they're quick and easy to make.
Who the hell knows how this weight thing works. When I got back from Japan I could fit into a size 2 and I looked kinda good, but also kinda anorexic cuz I had lost so much weight. But Im sure when I get back to the states next year Ill gain some weight back going crazy eating Burger King and fat juicy steaks!

No comments: