I dont know what anyone else does for Easter, but when I was younger I went to church and dressed up all pretty and died egss. But as I got older, I stopped dying eggs, and going to Easter Egg hunts, and basically stopped going to church. I cant remember my mom cooking anything special for Easter, but I remember there being a nice dinner.
I was invited on Saturday over to my program director's house for lunch. I brought a nice bottle of wine, and we ate salad, and some other Bulgarian food including lamb. After, her son, daughter and I went for a bike ride. We left about 2 and I didnt get home til about 7:45 NO LIE. We biked in the rain to a nearby (well not THAT nearby) town and met up with a friend of their's. She was nice. We stopped at her house for a bit then biked a lil bit further before we decided we were all dead tired and should turn around. It was a great workout. Honestly I really had to check myself a few times. I kept gettin caught up in that city girl mentality.
First off, to go biking I wore my Airmax sneakers. I thought we were gonna bike ride around the town, you know along the street or in the park. But we were on the grass and had to go through dirt and stuff. Then the rain didnt help matters at all. We came to this one place where the grown my split, like a hurricane ran through it and created a rift. To get from one side to the other we had to get off the bikes and walk over a whole bunch of dirt and mud. You know I almost caught a heart attack. I didnt want my kicks to get messed up, and I damn sure didnt want to slip and fall and get all dirty. I made it over tho! *whew, wipes hand across forehead*
Before we got to the friends house we had to bike almost 10 Kilometers (dont know the conversion, but look it up if your so interested) and I thought I would die. IT was fun goin down the hills and feeling the wind in my face and feeling carefree. But then after a while I just got tired and going up the hills was no walk in the park. But I made it!
Overall we stopped often enough for me to catch my breath and get my energy back to keep on biking. I would do it again, altho I was worried what the daughter and son thought of me after hearing me complain about the bugs, rain, gettin dirty, being tired, near death, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment