Itlay was pretty ok. Paris reminded me so much of NY. The streets were all crowded with cafes and people walkin quickly. Most people had a lil fashion edge to them, and it really had a nice BIG city feel to me. But Italy was just ok. The streets were really clean, and the buildings looks so beautiful. They were made out of nice marble, and looked very old. They had a Victorian or 18th Cent feel to them. A lot of the buildings had balconies with pretty flowers growing around them, and healthy green vines. I barely saw garbage on the street. The people all looked so quaint with their LV bags. We rode the train mostly everywhere, and the people looked quite ordinary. I guess you could say it had a city feel to it also, but the areas we were in also felt very touristy.
After a quick power nap when we finally go to the hotel, we went out to shop. I was so excited to get so many new things from back home that I took a shower and put on my new kicks and jeans. My sis sent me the sneaks that poppa bought me just b4 I left, some fresh arimax 95s. It was rainin the first day we arrived, so we didnt get much done. I went to the Guess store and was so excited cuz Ferg had a Guess gift card. But OF COURSE, they didnt have any pumps in my size (damn europeans). I was sorely disappointed. We checked out some other shops, but I didnt get anything. I was lookin for some kicks for Poppa, but I didnt see anything good. I snapped a few pics, then we bounced.
Back to the hotel. We stopped at the bar and met this nice couple. We got to talkin and laughin, and drinkin. They said we should go see the Last Supper, painted by Da Vinci. So the next day we put that on the agenda. But when we got to the church after this awesome lunch, they told us the tours were all booked and we couldnt see it. It was better to come in the morn so we planned to come back at 8 AM the next day. From there we walked around and saw some castle that was in walkin distance, an arena, and some other old buildings. The weather was really nice, so we walked through the park and ate ice cream. It was so calm and quite. Later we went to some area where a lot of the buildings were designed by Da Vinci. It was in a really nice area that had shops, and restaurants all lined down almost every street we went down. There were also those small narrow strips of water sandwiched between walkways, like you see in those movies when people are in Venice in gondolas. We went to this one place for dinner and I got a Vanil Cosmo. It was a cosmo with vanilla vidka, and that joint was f*ckin AMAZING. Best drink I ever had!
Back to the hotel where we watched Quantum of Solace b4 bed. It was HORRIBLE!
We got up the next morn to see the Last Supper. We got there extra early and it was amazing. Its painted on a wall which surprised me cuz I always thought it was a painting. I wish I got a pic, but of course the fake rent-a-cop security guards kept screamin "No pictures" I tried to sneak one but they wasnt havin it! After that we met up with a friend of Fergs for lunch then went shopping. I was really upset cuz we hadnt seen a damn Zara or H&M by this time. I was lookin for a cute black bomber and wouldnt have been content with my LIFE had I not gotten one. But as luck would have it, we went to this one place and I got my damn bomber, a dress (thank goodness) and a cute shirt.
I almost feel bad cuz I didnt get anyone any souvenirs. There was really no place that I saw that had any of those cheap magnets, or lil shot glasses. I was hopin to stock up on that type of stuff at the airport, but all they had was Gucci this, and LV that. The trip went by pretty quickly, but I had a great time, hangin with Ferg and not bein around my students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my effing G u didnt buy me a souvenire?! shame on you shantay SHAME on you!!! and how could u not know that it was painted on a wall haha whatevz.. im dissapointed!
Post a Comment