Thursday, April 30, 2009

Soccer Game

You all (should) know that I am not a huge soccer fan. Ok to be completely honest I am not a soccer fan at all. The thought of kicking the ball around from one end of the field to another doesnt quite excite me that much. I have tried to watch it a few times, but the game is just so tedious that I get bored quickly from the lack of excitement NEVER occurs unless someone is scoring (which takes forever) or fighting. BUT I am however, a firm believer in team spirit.
Ive been to one of my city's soccer games before. But it was really cold, and we lost the game. I was really disappointed at the loss, but kinda amazed at how serious the fans took the whole thing. They were throwing snow onto the field, trying to hit the opposing team's players, AND the ref. They were shouting really horrible things at the players and gettin way too upset for it just to be a game.
Well anyway, I was invited to see the game they had yesterday. I was a bit skeptic I must admit. Some people in the town are rude to me, so I can only imagine how some of the fans would be, esp. since they are mostly older guys. Thelast time I went I met with 2 guys that I know, but this time I went with 2 girls, and I was a bit worried. But nothing happened. We actually sat next to one of the guys I was with the last time. I was waving Minyour's (the name of the team) flag and altho folks were lookin at me like I was an alien at frist, they seemed to be more focused on calling the Ref a 'pederas" (faggot) than me after a while.
We lost the game.
I managed to have a good time tho. After I went for some drinks, then went home.



Oh b4 I go, quick comment. This whole "Im badly hurt so I have to jerk my body around and lay on the ground hours after I was barely touched" bit is gettin old. And thats another thing I dislike about soccer. I dont know if this only happens in BG, but its annoying as fuck. Ive seen a few players (when there is nothing on tv and I give in to my better judgement and watch a soccer game for like 5 minutes) get BARELY touched, or kicked by accident. They fall to the floor, then start twistin and moving around like they just got stabbed or something. Im always thinkin in my head "is it really THAT serious" And to make matters worse, after the ref checks the guy out, a whole hospital runs over to smooth things over, then 2 small guys come with that lil portable bed thing and scoop the player up like he is dying. This happened during the course of the game. Someone got "injured" and they had to scoop him up. AS SOON AS he got off the field, homeboy hopped off the thing and kept it moving. FOOLISHNESS!
Just play the damn game!



No comments: