I cant really say today was one of my best. Im only halfway done with my classes and I kinda have an attitude already. I just had class with the 9g. Yesterday I had an awesome day with this half of the class. We had a pizza party (which Ill blog about lata) and it went semi ok. I gave them all assignments earlier this week having to do with technology, since thats what we are covering in the textbook. I decided the Cell Phone Scavenger Hunt activity worked pretty well with the 10g class, so I could recycle it and do it with the 9th class. And I really like this activity cuz it allows students to be creative and have some fun.
The first half of the 9g I had did pretty ok. On boy in a group of 3 hasnt shown up to school for the past few days. So the other 2 boys in the group decided they werent gonna do the assignment. When I asked why no one called him, they both replied no one had his number. But in fact, all the students info including home numbers are in the Dnevnik (the attendance book) and in fact Ive seen one of the guys in the group get someone;s number from the dnevnik. So I asked why they didnt bother to tell me he was absent (I didnt have class with them for 2 days) and ask if they could just do the project without him. And of course I got nothing but blank stares. I told them they were gettin a failing grade then, cuz obviously they didnt even try to do the work. They asked if they could do the project and give it to me by Tuesday, and I agreed. They generally seemed spooked by gettin that failing grade and decided to do something.
So I had the other half of the 9g after, and to my astonishment, NO ONE in the damn class had the assignment. No one. Not even the girls in the class who ALWAYS do their work, and get excellent marks in the class.
I kinda was enraged at that point. I asked why no one had the assignment and they said they honestly forgot to do, to which I replied, well Ima forget to give (yo ass-wish I could have said this part) you a good grade then. As a matter of fact, the whole class is gettin (got...truth be told, I was very excited when I wrote those marks for the ENTIRE half of the class) failing marks, cuz no one did the assignment. Damn shame......
It really does make me so disappointed that the students just dont want to do anything. They are just so content in their lil lives, playing computer games, and eating candy. Sitting in class spacing out, deciding on a REGULAR basis that they not gonna do any work. They are really starting to disgust me, and I frankly am not particularly interested in teaching this class next year. Actually, im gonna try to insist on it cuz Ill be damn if I teach these lil bastards for another year and they just dont listen or do any work at all. The 10g class is really tough and way harder than the stuff they do now (which is damn near nothing). They gonna have a rude awakenin if I teach that class next year, and I dont think its gonna turn out good for them at all.
Damn, Im kinda in a sour mood now.....and it looks like its gonna rain.
Oh but wait, in 10g most of the students have been absent becuz of a bake sale. 5 students showed up to class today (1 more than yesterday) and with that many students absent, whats the point of even teaching anything? I just sat in silence and wondered how different my life would be if I werent here. Sad, I know......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment