Sunday, April 12, 2009

Mozambique

Well my mom and sis are FINALLY here. They made it and I was all types of excited! I picked them up from the airport on Friday. My friend volunteered to pick them up with his friends car, so I was on it. I was so excited to see them. When they got here, all I saw was Tiff's light bright sweater and HOT PINK shades, and brown uggs. She looked real cute, but like a city girl. My mom was chill with some Nike boings and jeans. We rode back to my town, and kicked it in the house for a bit. I didnt have any food in the crib, so we went to the supermarket (Kauflands). Kauflands is like a Pathmark. They have everything: food, furniture, toys, alcohol, appliances, houseware items, EVERYTHING. We get to the checkout and we got so much stuff that I needed a big grocery bag and you have to pay like 30 cents for the bag. So Tiff asks if I had to pay for it and I said yes. As the lady is scanning the stuff, my mom and I are putting them in the bag. So we get outside and we talkin bout Kauflands and Tiff says thats stupid that you have to pay for the bag. I said it was really cheap tho and she rebuttles with "well if you have to pay for the bag, atleast they could pack it for you" She is such a lazy American.....lol They didnt bring a lot of stuff, but Poppa sent me some goodies with them. Cookies, kool-aid, crackers, sunflower seeds. I was in sheer bliss! I made a nice salad and bought a chicken and we had that for dinner. My mom was all on the salad like it was the best thing since sliced bread. I almost thought I saw her licking the damn plate she kept sayin how good it was. It had mushrooms, tomoatoes, cheese, and eggs. It was bangin tho.....

I had a diversity training to go to for the PC sat so I had to get up early and go to Sofia. They were really jet-lagged and slept from like 8 at night fri til like 3 in the afternoon sat. I got back home as soon as the training was over and was there about 6:20. I told them to get ready so we could go out for dinner. We went to this really cute pizza place in town. But first my mom wanted to call her BF to let him know they got here ok. So we walkin down the street, you know regularly. So all of a sudden some idiots who are across the street start shouting MOZAMBIQUE at us. They were very loud and were sitting and standoin outside on the corner at this small cafe place, drinking. Now I dont think I look african, but maybe Im wrong. So I yell at them, I am from America, and they start yellin louder and one guy starts making obscene getures. He started humpin the air and doin some other stupid shit. Then I heard some fucks and other stuff that I thought was complelely rude and unnecessary. I was downright embarrassed that my mom and sis had to hear this also. My mom was actin like a true New Yorker and threw up her middle finger in their direction. I got so damn upset that I didnt want to eat anything when we got to the restaurant.
And this is the bullshit that gets me angry. I warned them earlier that a lot of people were gonna stare at them, but rude remarks and obscene gestures? I was hopin nothin like that happened and I was skeptical about going to the center of the town where we were just for this reason. Why should I not have the freedom to walk where I please without fear that someone is gonna say something stupid to me? Its makin me mad just thinkin bout it now....
We were on our way back home and I didnt want to pass those assholes again. We just so happened to run into some people I knew and we decided to get a quick drink at this one place. We got some wine and I did pretty well translating between them and my mom . She kept sayin how proud of me she was and how she was happy to be here in BG. she took pics and after a while she looked kinda out of it so we left. Im sure it was due to the fact she kept suckin down glasses of wine like it was water. On the way home she started throwin up and I was so embarrasses when we got out the car and there was a lil bit of throwup residue on the cab seat. eeeewwwww
She went to bed when we got in the house, but then was feelin sick so she kept gettin up.
Today was pretty cool. We all slept late and made out calls to the states in the afternoon. We hit up the supermarket again, and went to the internet place after.
Mozambique.....Fuckin foolishness!

No comments: