Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Just a side thought....

If one more damn person shouts Obama at me and does that fist pump I might consider hurtin myself. I know they think its cool to see a black person, and I know they want to be down with me/us. But it really gets tiring when people ask where I am from, and when I say NY, they go ape on me. I was in a thrift shop in Milan and tried on this cute jacket. The shop attendant, who was rude as hell said when we first came in, "oh you must be British" I dont know how she thought that, but I said no, we are from the states, NY. She immediately starts shouting Obama, but it sounded like she was tryna be condescending. Then when I asked how much the jacket cost, she said 120, and I said "Euros?!" And so she goes on this tirade, "yeah, what you think" And I wanted to slap her, but I just walked out the store.
We had lunch one day at some cute lil place, and the owner comes to the table and asks where we are from. We saw NY and he says Obama. So we play along and start saying it too. Then Ferg asks him about Bush, and homeboy takes his thumb and moves it from one side of his neck to the other (like he was cutting his own throat) then spits on the ground. I was like damn! I didnt know so many people were up on the political scene like that. But it seemed that even if most people didnt speak ENG (which was like most of the Italian population in Milan) they knew the name Obama. AND the pres was in London at the time. I heard the Bulgarians invited him to come over here and holla. Im holdin my breathe for that one!
I noticed too in Milan and Paris that there werent a lot of fat people. Altho there were a gazillion McDonalds everywhere, and on one street there were 2, I just didnt see many fat people, which surprised me. The Parisian men looked real good too. But they all looked the same. Blazer, shirt, EXTRA tight pants and leather shoes. There was no difference between any of them. There were also a whole bunch of different people in Paris which I liked. There were a gazillion Africans, asians, and other americans. I didnt feel like people were staring at me cuz I was black or cuz I stood out in the crowd (they were obviously starin cuz on the shit...hahaha). In Milan people could tell we were different and I think they looked at us for that reason. I looked fresh to death everyday, and Im cute. In the trains we spoke in ENG and a lot of people were lookin at us kinda weird. But there were a whole bunch of africans and asians there too, so I didnt feel like it was a Black thing, as much as it was a tourist thing.
Oh, and in Milan, customer service was HORRIBLE. We would go in a store and nobody would say anything to us. We would walk to the counter, and folks wouldnt even address us unless we said something. And I guess thats the difference between capitalist places. Cuz in the states, you go anywhere and they READY to take your money. They try to be helpful even if its fake cuz they want them dollars. But in Milan, they could give 2 shits. We went to a coffee place to get something to drink. Folks were just standin around eating croissants and the lady behind the counter saw us come in and didnt say word to us. We didnt know where the line started or ended, and gave up after a few minutes.
But it wasnt BG, so by default it was awesome....hahahaha

No comments: