Ive wondered about this only slightly. During training when I first arrived, the subject was briefly talked about. One gay vol spoke about his experiences being gay in BG and interacting with people here. He basically said that if you are gay, keep that shit on the LOW LOW. People here may not be as understanding as say, people in the Village (the gay scene in NY...lol). He mentioned he had a boyfriend here, but most people dont even know his BF is gay or that they are together. I cant really say that I have seen any gay-bashing, but I know that BG are very clique-ish. As in if you dont look/sound like everyone else, then there is a problem.
I bring this up cuz there is a kid in my class who I am, for lack of a better word, confused about. Now its not my business if this kid is gay or not, but I was just curious about the issue.
This kid is what I would call border line gay/metrosexual. Ive noticed he can act very feminine sometimes, he hangs out with a lot of grls, and he can do this dance called the Kyuchek (which involves gyrating your hips and ass very quickly). Today I really took a good look at him, and he REALLY reminded me of one of those 'Queer eye for the Straight guy' dudes. He had one a banging paisley print shirt, with an awesome matching brown sweater vest. Now in a city full of like 2-3 shopping places, I find it quite odd that homeboy looked so well put together. He must be spending a lot more time/effort on his shopping, cuz damnit I do!
Anyway, all of you who know me know I love the gay community, so its nothin wrong wit homeboy being gay. Hell Ive been once or twice in my life....hahahahaha Just curious as to how gay people get along in this society,how they feel about being gay, and how other people feel about homosexuality in general (altho I think I already know).....
Sashe chante *in that RuPaul voice* Have a great weekend kiddies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment