Saturday, March 14, 2009

You want to INTERVIEW ME?

Well in an interesting turn of events, a lady that I met a while back asked me if she could interview me. Of course I said yes, but never really thought it would come about. Poli (pronounced like Polly) called me Thursday and asked if we could meet for the interview. We set a time for Fri and met.

She is such a doll, let me tell you. She was very polite, and funny. She asked me questions about my family, my life in NY, things I missed (hey Poppa), the differences, why I was here, what I wanted to do with my life, if I considered myself an adventurist, and a whole bunch of questions. She even asked me what things made me cry (ok, random) and I shared with her that I cry when my feeleings are hurt and told her about those kids throwing something at me and those guys saying rude shit to me. She was so surprised and told me that Bulgarians are very accepting of other cultures and people (hahahaha). We talked (in Bulgarian) for about an hour before another girl I met showed up. They invited me to see an art show with them, and we drove to Sofia to hang out.

They were so cute, and funny. They taught me some curse words, and how to say really bad phrases in BG. And to be quite honest, I could understand about 80% of what was going on and I didnt use the FAKE LAUGH nearly as much as I usually do! We got quick drink before they drove me home.

Oh, one of the girls said I had a Brazilian Butt! I wasnt really payin attention and heard the end of what she said. When I asked if they were talkin bout me, she said of course and said she didnt mean it to be offensive, it was a good thing (Altho compared to EVERYONE else here Im sure my butt looks humongus, but compared to Brazilians, my joint look like a pancake. Cuz they be having mad weight back there). I agreed and said everyone including me loves my booty! hahahahaha Im just glad she didnt try to touch it!

Good times.....

No comments: