Thursday, March 26, 2009

Not so bad....

So yesterday was a pretty ok day. I was really bummed from being so upset on wed that I walked in to school yest with a bad attitude. I was basically really sad, and I just didnt want to be here. My first 2 10g classes went ok. We finished the passages on Gulliver's Travels and had some questions to answer. I wrote the work on the board and they worked in groups to answer them. As usual, the talkers did their thing and the good students answered the questions. I wrote the answers on the board and just left it at that. We did some busy work after and class was over. In the other 10g class I gave back tests to the students who were absent the day b4 when I gave them out. One kid failed, he got 9/25 points. He's one of those kids who thinks he is the smartest thing since sliced bread. He walks up to my desk and asks if he failed the test, and I say yes you did. Then he says sits back down. He comes back to my desk and asks if I saw what he wrote on the back of the paper, cuz I didnt put a check mark next to anything. I tell him yes, I saw that but it didnt get a check mark cuz it was WRONG. And yes I know how to count, I know what the answers are, and if you would like to spend this class going over the test, ill be happy to oblige. But otherwise, you failed, so please sit back down. The nerve of these damn kids. Like I purposely failed him when 1. WE ALL KNOW you didnt study, and 2. I heard him cheating. At the end of the test he was asking the girl next to him for answers, which I HEARD. I told her not to answer, and I took his test.

Anyway, my last class was with the other group of 9g. I told them to work on their dialogues and I Was very surprised when they actually did it. One kid from one group took the initiative and wrote the script in BG and had another group member translate it into ENG. I read it and it seemed really good. Its the horror film about a groupd of kids who go on a picnic and get killed/kidnapped my a monster. I think it might be a comedy/horror, cuz there is a gun in the movie from out of nowhere, the kids are drinkin beer, and at the end when the kids try to save the kidnapped girl, they start laughing when they find her. We worked together and I actually was laughing with them, and we got a lot of work done. So I think I will give the pizza party to this class just for completing their work, and move on in the next class. Sucks for them, but oh well.....

No comments: