Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Say it Aint so?!?!

Just when I thought this town was that small that basically EVERYONE in it has seen me, I find out the opposite is true. I went to an art exhibition the other day and stay with a colleague after for a drink. I chit-chatted it up with her and some other people she introduced me to, one of them being a journalist.

The journalist asked if she could interview me, and of course I had no choice but to agree. The other lady was a bit younger and spoke some english. We got to talkin and they both said that they had NEVER seen me in town before. I was shocked and dismayed quite frankly. In my town there are only about 90,000 people. But I live in the center of town, where the food markets are and clothing shops are. I guess I assumed that everyone had seen or at least heard of me. The way folks stare me down REGULARLY, I feel like a damn superstar.

I suppose this just brought me back down to Earth......for a second! Bitches!

No comments: