Thursday, March 19, 2009

Survival is the name of the game....

So after that last post about my bad day, I got several comments that said basically survival is the name of the game. I obvioulsy am not the ONLY volunteer having these problems, and I could almost bet money there are some out there worse off. Its just a shame that Im tryna figure out how to merely survive and make it til the end of my service. I feel like that a fucked up reason to stay here......

I am going over Gulliver's Travels with my 19g class and boy is is difficult for them. The language of the book is damn near ancient and extinct, and the vocab is very hard for them. We have to take the text line by line, which not only takes forever, but bores that crap out of the class. But I think the reason why they are bored so much is becuase they dont want to think! I ask what they think such and such means, and the majority of the class stares into space. They arent trained to use their minds and again, are very LAZY. Its such a shame.....

No comments: