*THIS HAPPENED LAST WEEK. i JUST FORGOT TO POST IT*
Ok, so this is a more serious post. I couldnt write it at the time cuz my laptop was actin up, and honestly Im glad I didnt write it when it happened, cuz yall wouldve read some pretty nasty things about these damn kids I see everyday. But now that the anger has gone away, I can be less critical and harsh with my words!
So I had the 10g class last week Thursday. Now I have written about these angels plenty of times before. I love my 10g class, and its the 9g who I cant stand usually. This half of the 10g class is the same half that didnt do their homework that time that I wrote about, so needless to say, they been actin up.
So this thrusday, I roll up in class ready to end the chapter we were workin on. There were a few good activities in their textbook that I wanted to do before we began the next chapter. So I give them the exercise to do and give them time to do it. We start to go over their work and its like pullin teeth. No one wants to answer the questions and I was startin to doubt if they even did the work cuz they kept talking. Now usually my kids know not to get out of pocket. I step to they asses and let them know its gonna be hell to pay if any of them act up in my class. So I rarely have behavoral problems that I cant deal with. But that day.....
So it got to a point where the entire class was talkin and Im sittin at my desk askin for participation, fallin on deaf ears. And thats when I lost it. I jumped up from the desk and said they had a text. Of course the whole class starts moaning and groanin and I got even more mad. I started screamin at them ferociously. Tellin them how lazy they were, and how just yesterday they were complainin that they didnt want to do any of the exercises. Everyone was talkin and I felt disrespected cuz their behavor was slippin out of control. When I got up I saw one boy relaxing, layin in some girls lap like he was home chillin. They hadnt done their homework a few nights ago and I was tired of hearing them complain about doin classwork. ESPECIALLY since we just had a break that Mon and Tues of last week, so we ONLY had class together wed and thurs (im on on fri). Everyone looked bewildered.
But one boy (yeah you guessed it Valentino) just couldnt let it go. I announced that since no one was paying attention, the whole class had a test. This elicited even more huffs and puffs. I went to write on the board when the test was, and Valention blurts out that he was gonna be absent that day. My damn head spun around so quick, as I screamed fine, then Ill fail you! I dont care if you dont come or not, and that goes for the whole class. If you dont come then you will fail, and Ill be damned if I waste time after school giving a re-test cuz you were purposely absent the first time. Check the convo:
V:Well why are you gonna fail the whole class if Im the only one the is absent?
Me: Im giving an example Valentino. If you dont come, than that means you fail. (I sit down)
V: Well I dont understand why you are screamin and upset.
Me: Cuz you all's behavior has been very bad lately and I feel disrepected
V: Well I dont know why. We like you. I like you a lot. No one is disrespecting you
Me: Yes you are. When you come to class not prepared. When you talk during my class when you should be doing work. When you are playing with your cell phones under the desk when you know you shouldnt be. When you chew gum in my class EVERYDAY, knowing that you shouldnt be. That is why I feel disrespected. I didnt come all the way here for this. Not to stand in front of you and try my hardest to teach you english while you think its a game or a joke. And further more, the fact that you are talkin back to me is even more disrespect. When I was in school I didnt talk back to my teacher. She something and I left it at that.
V: Im sure when you were in school you acted the same way! and this is good practice for me. And anyway my grades are good. You come here and think we are all stupid and all you have to do is look in the book and see my grades.....
Me: (interupting him) Did I say that? Did I say you were stupid, or gave you any indication that made you believe that I even thought that. I talk very highly of this class. And further more I could care less what your grades are. I know what they are and dont have to look in the book cuz I gave them to you. You are smart, but my problem is with your behavior. And most of the other teachers have all said that your behavior in particular is atrocious. You talk in all your classes, make jokes and rarely do work.
V: Well thats cuz if I didnt I think the class would be very boring.
The "debate" carried on for a bit while longer til I just got fed up with arguin with a snot-nosed over zealous 10grader. I reiterated the fact they still had a test, and that I was not happy with their behavior. The bell rang and I bounced. The steam was just liftin off my face. I got back home and proceeded to scream my brains out to Jojo but my laptop cut off. Then I had to get ready for the banquet. I calmed down once I go tot the banquet and had a vodka.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment