Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I love the kiddies....

Ok, so that headline is not a unversal truth, but lets just pretend for a sec! There is an english teacher who is absent from work for the whole week, and the school asked me to sub her classes. This would be all to the good, except she is on the first shift and her classes begin at 7:50 AM. But, me always wanting to help out, and being a team player, I agreed to take her Tues, Wed and Thurs classes.

I subbed for her 4G class, and I hate to say it, but those kids were absolute angels!!! I has two classes of hers today, and I decided to do origami with them. We made a person, and I let them draw faces and decorate their person. They really seemed to enjoy that. But BINGO, that was a hit. I told them Id bring them prizes tomorrow for the BINGO winners. After the first game, I let one of the students call out the BINGO numbers and one student write what was called on the board. They were so excited and happy. After EVERY number I called, they would raise their lil hands and say, I got that number! I kept tryna tell them that they didnt have to call out anything after EVERY number cuz it was getting annoying, but it was kinda cute.

All in all, both classes were very well behaved and they were all cute as buttons. A lot of them had potential too. They seemed shy and timid at first, but when I was leaving some kid was like have a wonderful day in perfect english and I was very surprised. Now if my damn older students acted like this, we'd have no damn problems.

I actually have a test in the other half of the 10g class today. They always tryna cheat, so I gotta stay on top of them.

I really couldnt sleep last night. I tried to hit the bed about 10 cuz I had to wake up early. BUT NO, I just layed there and couldnt sleep. Next thing I know its fuckin 12:44. I finally got to sleep. I thought I would be cranky this morning, but the kids were so damn cute that im actually in a good mood. Also, this is just one more day almost over, and closer to my dream vacation (in Paris and Milan if you werent aware!)

No comments: