Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thumbs Up

(Yes, that is my thumb!) So in this special edition (well actually its the first but whatev) of "Thumbs Up" I am highlighting the zestful feeling of living on your own (without parents that is). College was special. I went out of state, and was all to happy to experience life without living with my mom. But college is a bit different. Thats like "play house" I had my own room, yes, but I still had to live with other people, whether it be in a quad, or in a house. And frankly, it was just a room. It wasnt REALLY living on my own.

But now, I have my OWN apartment, and its wonderful! I come home and there is no one there. I cook whenever I want. I leave the dishes piled up in the sink, and I damn sure dont take the garbage out unless I feel like it. I can walk around naked if I want (which I rarely do) or do whatever else I damn well please without worrying about what mom or lil sis will say. And please dont try to hand me that "my mom is my roommate" crap. Who cares if you pay bills if you live with your mom. The fact is, you still live with your mom. And no matter how you spin it, you just cant do ALL the things you want, cuz til a certain point, you have to stay respectful (i.e you CANT walk around naked unless you take laps in your own LIL room).

Thats not to say that I wouldnt mind living with my boyfriend. Im sure that will come down the line. But as for living on my own in Bulgaria, it is FANTASTIC. It has however pointed out a few things to me tho. The #1 thing being IM LAZY AS HELL! Whenever the garbage gets full, I empty the bin, but leave the full bag near the door. I suppose I put it there to remind me to take it to the trash bin outside, BUT NO, its still there as I write this blog by my damn door. The dishes, yeah um, I let those pile up for sure. Im not always so lazy with this tho cuz my sink is kinda small, but still......Cleaning up in general. NO ONE comes to my apartment. No colleagues, no friends. Other than for my personal satisfaction, why the hell should I clean up? And by clean up I mean sweeping and mopping the kitchen and hallway floor, and sweeping the rug in my room. Its just gonna get dirty again!

So with that being said, I HAVE to be rich enough to afford a maid. Thats my one goal in life right now......But for real, living on your own is popping. I have time to myself to think and do whatever it is that I want. I am kinda a loner and dont mind being my myself for long periods of time. So living alone is great. I recommend it to all you duds who still live at home with mommy! hahahahahaha just kiddin (but not really!)

No comments: