I went to a banquet last weekend with some of my colleagues. Usually they do these every so often when a holiday comes around. You pay in advance for food and drinks, and go and have a good time basically. Since I usually wear professional clothes to work, like slacks and button ups, banquets give me a chance to show off my feminine side. I usaully wear a dress, heels, and makeup. And on this occasion as you can see, I even pulled out the fake pearls! hahahaha
Other than eating and drinkin alcohol, there is also dancing. Traditional Bulgarian dancing called Horo, and regular dancing to pop music. Most people are very surprised that I can Horo. I dont think its anything special that I can. I have a lot of coordination, and I love to dance. A lot of people are always like "OMG you can Horo. Its so difficult. blah blah blah" ITs farely easy for me, and if I watch a Horo long enough, I can usually pic it up. As you can imagine, doing this makes people work up a sweat. AND THATS NOT GOOD FOR MY HAIR! After a while my hair started to frizz up, and by the end of the night I looked like a nappy headed hoe (hey Don Imus). I kept lookin around thinkin how much I hated Bulgarians for having straight hair!
Also, there is a lot of smoking. And when I say a lot of smokin, I mean I probably have accelarated Lung cancer from being here just 1o 1/2 months! These MOFOs chain smoke like its nobodys business. Cigarette after cigarette. I kept thinkin to myself " I know this shit cant be good for my hair, and my clothes are gonna smell disgusting when I get home"
And I also just wanted to say, that Bulgarians have mastered the art of socializing at dinner. I got to the banquet about 7:15 and naturally I was finished with my salad at about 7:16. LOL just kiddin, But I did finishe my salad farely early. Everyone else still had at lease half their plate covered with food and I was sittin there thinkin when was dinner comin. It didnt come til almost 10 and I thought by then I would die from hunger! In between the salad and dinner, there was a lot of smokin, talkin, drinkin and Horo. Its funny how I (Americans) are used to going to dinner then bouncing. At restaurants dinner is usually no more that an hour or so, then you go about your business. But here, dinners can last SEVERAL hours! I can remember sitting at dinner at people's homes, and in restaurants checkin my clock like DAMNIT people lets go home. The culture is just so different in that way I suppose......
Dinner was the BOMB (like tick tick hahahaha) tho!
2 comments:
haha there are really hard horos though....and not every1 has completely str8 hair....my mom doesnt like going to banquets..
I was reading CNN today and it said Don had Prostate Cancer, but they caught it early and he will survive. Just a little fact.
toodles
Post a Comment