Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ode to Poppa Bear.....

Poppa is so convinced that Jojo and I have something going on cuz I write about her in my blog often, and said he wanted me to blog about him. And you all know that whatever Poppa wants, he gets, so......

Poppa,

Today marks our one year anniversary! When we first met, you didnt try to holla at me, and that actually surprised me. I know that you KNEW I was the shit, but for whatever reason, you kept it cool. We eventually began to like each other, and soon nothing could keep us apart. What started as a fondness for each other has grown into love, and I thank you for it.

Now I must say, that I was VERY skeptical when you said you wanted to stay together while I left the country. Long distance relationships are extremely hard to keep up with, especially since you live in the land of opportunity. But you made me a promise, and you have kept it. What I assumed was something that would crumble and fall to pieces, has grown even stronger with the passing days.

This is not to say that we have not had ups and downs. There are times when you get on my nerves with stupid things that you say. And I am sure that there are times when I complain and talk your ear off. And I know I fucked up. But mutual respect and love for each other has allowed us to learn and grow together, conquering all that is placed before us. Its been difficult being so far away from you. When we started to catch fire, you were so loving, sweet, and extremely gentle. I have come to know that you have gone above and beyond that, showing me the meaning of honesty in its truest form. I trust you with everything in me, and I hope you know that.

I can be having the worst day, but just hearing your voice allows the anger to float off me and into the air. We laugh and joke on the phone constantly, and I have come to think of you as my best friend. And of course, when I am sad, or ready to quit, you are always there to support me. Making sure that I see this thing through. You are such a good person, equipped with exactly what I need to stay afloat. It is my pleasure to have you, and I am so glad that we are together. No one can understand us like we do, so although I try to be very private and discreet about my life, I want whoever will listen to know that I love you.

So with this, I hope you never have to doubt the fact that I love you, and would do anything for you. It is in my nature to please others whenever possible. You are my King, and there is and never will be a time when I dont treat you as such. I hope you know this, and in me see all the things that I see in you.

Love grows where it is honored.

yours

2 comments:

Jordan said...

awwww! that's really sweet. but i sent your package today. so if he's the King then i'm the QUEEN! haha.

Anonymous said...

its okay....lol