Monday, March 23, 2009

Test Day (rubs hands together and grins in an evil manner....)

So you all know how much I love testing my students. I KNOW they asses dont really study, so its funny to see what answers they write, or how long they actually sit there and stare at the paper before they write anything. So while i'm secretly laughing to myself, I look over and see this one girl just chewing gum and picking at her nails. She is one of the weaker students in the class, and thru her actions, I can tell she just dont give a fuck.

But seeing her sitting there really got me thinkin about her future and every ones in my class for that matter. Her especially cuz she she dont know shit. Her grades in the other classes are really low, and she is far from a stellar student. I just wondered what the hell she would do with her life to be honest. She is a horrible student, so I doubt highly she would do anything differently than now if she went to college. But life here is not like life in the states. Even if you dont go to college, you can still find decent work in the states. Working at a restaurant, fast food place, retailer, or being a secretary. Now those jobs dont necessarily pay much, but like I said, the money is decent (with minimum wage being like $7 something right?) and you can still work your way thru the company to higher positions. BUT HERE, there are only like 90,000 people in this town, which means the jobs are few and far in between. AND they only include working at a cafe/restaurant (with no tips) or working in a clothes shop. SO I really was stuck as to what this girl was planning on doing with herself.

AND on top of not be too bright, not to be a bitch or nothin, but its not like she model-material. She is short and not THAT good looking. I just think its so sad that this chick is only in the 9th grade and is headed no where.

Maybe she will be perfectly content with selling fruits and vegetables at the market.

Oh if you were wondering about her test, all she wrote was her name.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol....i hate to laugh but that shit is funny!....why you be doing them like that...this reminds me of the girl when you said you gave them free time and she was reading a book, but she dont even do work...lol...okay i'm officially done laughing but your still a lil corny!